Thursday 10 October 2013

10.10.13 - Jillian Tamaki




Taken from Jillians website: "I am an illustrator and cartoonist living in Brooklyn, NY.  I grew up in Calgary, Alberta and graduated from the Alberta College of Art and Design in 2003.  Currently I teach in the illustration Department of the School of Visual Arts."

Jillians use of watercolours and pencils to make light and dimensions to her pieces is really interesting.
The block colour and pattern feel to the background of the 2nd illustration i find really beautiful and effective. it has a jungle exploration feel without ticking all the tacky boxes of what that scene should look like.
I'm always drawn to look at people who also use watercolour as im always taking inspiration from others on how to better my paintings skills, and the colour combinations in the first piece i find really original.
Lots to look at here.

No comments:

Post a Comment