Friday 12 April 2013

12.04.13 - Artist Research - Karen Barbour

Karen Barbour is a San Francisco based illustrator and has been featured on many illustration appreciation blogs. I found her while just browsing for fun and was struck still by how much I enjoyed them.
I love the two dimensional feel of her work, now everything that would be perspective has been made flat so it feels like more of a pattern, more dreamlike almost. The blur of colours and textures no different medias gives them life and its like a caffeine hit but in painting form!
The buzz of ideas I get when I see work like this is great!
It's been so hard to be motivated recently as I'm in so much pain so many hours of the day, but things like this help a lot. (Sympathy vote, get out your violins people) update soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment