Monday 21 October 2013

21.10.13 - Cendrine Rovini




Cedrine Rovini is a french illustrator who also currently works in rural France.
I found a nice quote on her website that sums up quite perfectly her whole practice:

"I don't mean to illustrate any theory because my work doesn't find its roots into the intellectual sphere, I prefer the perceptive one. First comes alive the image into my imagination and I just want to « rewrite » it as closely as possible. My artworks carry into them their own intentions ; as sorcerers objects, they claim to bring their influence, to sow the seeds of an animistic vitality into the core of the spectator. Those creations return to animality, and even more to vegetality, assumed as the perfect way to be living on the Earth. The human being thought he was apart and beyond the natural realm which is allowing his life, while my work insists about the necessary conjunction between all the living figures for a real harmony and beauty."

While gathering colour studies today i stumbled upon her work and was quite taken with them.
Looking at themes of metamorphoses and symbolic narratives in her pieces they are very relevant to what i intend to look into further.

The 2nd image's use of watercolour mixed in with pencil really drew me into that emotion response i have been wanting to research more into. The figures fetal position and then blurred out facial features really puts me in edge, i hope tat was the meaning for the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment