Thursday 3 April 2014

03.04.14 - Hump Day


Its been a strange couple of weeks.
I have been feeling like i have a million things to do and i'm getting nowhere.
After a productive start of the week i've hit a bit of a hump.
I did have my work sent off to be printed onto fabric, and had what i now know as too high of expectations for them, and when they returned to me... kind of looking like cheap bedsheets (as i didn't have a clue what type of fabric to print onto) i was downtrodden.

I have extremely high expectations as to what i would like to achieve for my final exhibition, and now looking back, i think i have once again bitten off more then i can chew.

With my plan to be to create an area that stands as a marker of my visual identity and a space that shows my work in different capacities, i've branched into, fabric, ceramics, set design, and my original artwork.

Trying to balance the four, is making my mind melt.

So, with a sigh of dissapointed, i think im going to have to take a step back from the fabrics. With only 7 weeks to go and apparently having to wait 5 weeks to even see what the next round of fabric printing will look like, i just don't think i have time to concentrate on something that i just don't feel i have enough control on.

It definitely threw me off, it was a big disappointed as i had such high hopes for it coming out well and clear ideas of what my exhibition space could look like.

But, because i now will have more time to concentrate on my other areas, i'm going full swing into the ceramics.

I've just gone and bought about 8 packets of clay and up above you'll see the 2nd batch that i made yesterday. I have to admit as well, i thoroughly enjoy making them, its utterly a calming experience and so enjoyable to make, paint and assemble, and i personally think the perfect step up onto my work to give it something extra for the exhibition.

And also, as this is the final two days before the easter break of 3 weeks, the pressure is really on!
I'm in the process of getting all of the work together and deciding what to put forward for the exhibition and my portfolio for finals.


Its quite hard deciding what's good enough to call a final and what's just practice work with the designs im making at the moment so i think that will be a long process.

Anyway, enough rambling, the plan of action for today is to continue exploring the air dry clay pots and see where it takes me.

Update Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment