Thursday 1 May 2014

01.05.14 - Set-up and Get-up

Hello Again.
So today's been that weird time where lots of thinking and doing but nothing new actually happened?
After a morning of meetings about the exhibitions, portfolios and assessment,it gave me the kick up the butt to get some organisation to what might be put in the assessment portfolio.
Since i've done two projects through this term, i will admit I've kind of forgotten a lot about the old D&AD brief, and had to go through all the work to remind myself of what was there and what needed doing with it.
After looking through all of it, there is ALOT of editing that needs to be gone through, i just have so much unnecessary edits that wont be needed. As i was still working through learning more about poster design and specifics of photoshop there's a lot of misprints that just don't need to be included.

I also decided today to set myself up in a different corner of the studio so i could see what work looked like up on the wall and which ones were complementary to one another.
I think because the majority of the pattern designs are so different from one another, its hard to visualise them as one collective when it comes to putting my portfolio together.

I think I'm going to have to allow myself for some considerable time accessing work that compliments each other and maybe going back and making new work that could work complimentary with older pieces.

Ive also got to make serious decisions on what i plan to do with my exhibition space.
I will go into more detail on what i mean on that but i think i will leave it for a separate in depth post of its own.

This is really a blog post for me and a mini target list of what needs to be done in the next couple of days more then anything! But i thought i would update and let you guys know what's going on 3 weeks away from final deadline!

Exciting/stressful times!
Update Soon.






Heres a current photo of the D&AD project.



Putting together images that i think will compliment one another in the portfolio. I think the next step is to play with scale.




I thought i would look at what all the work together would visually look like.
In this up close, busy slapdash way, i think it works, but when it comes to the exhibition, I'm not so sure.


Another image looking at what all the different surface design ideas would look like together.
Loving that green, pink and turquoise image though, cant wait to see it bigger scale, thats my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment